Medical Cover Related to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - updated 06 March 2020
Allianz Partners has introduced leisure and business travel insurance for international travel with selected cover for epidemic and pandemic diseases.
While there will still be a general exclusion for epidemics and pandemics, there will be provision to claim for cancellation if you contract an epidemic or pandemic disease such as Covid-19 after purchasing your policy and can no longer travel. Cover for medical claims directly related to an epidemic or pandemic disease such as Covid-19 will only apply after you commence your journey.
It is important to note that there is no cover for lockdowns, changes in government alert levels, quarantine or mandatory isolation applying to a population or part of a population. The policy will not respond in the event that any government calls for border closures. As with any travel insurance, disinclination to travel due to fear or change of mind is not covered.
We offer two plan options
▪ The Essentials Plan: Restricted benefits and lower policy limits
▪ The Comprehensive Plan: Higher limits and extended benefits
Both policies offer the following standard policy features:
▪ Cover for medical and repatriation expenses
▪ Emergency assistance provided 24 hours/7 days a week
▪ Replacement cover for baggage items less than 2 years old
▪ Dependent Children under 21 years covered at no additional charge
▪ Rental vehicle excess cover
▪ Some recreational sports are covered automatically including:
1. Leisure skiing and snowboarding
2. Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 30 meters (provided you hold an open water
diving license recognized in New Zealand or dive with an instructor licensed for these activities)
3. Hot air ballooning
4. Parasailing and paragliding
5. Bungee jumping
6. White–water rafting in grade 4 or less rivers
Our Comprehensive Policy also includes:
▪ Civil unrest for the Pacific Islands
▪ Terrorism cover
▪ Automatic cover for some pre-existing medical conditions
You can also ask us for the following:
▪ Increased cover for specified high value items
▪ Cover for pre-existing medical conditions
Your request will be subject to assessment, and if we agree, an additional premium may be payable.
Click here to view the full Policy Wording. This document details the benefits, terms, conditions, limits, and exclusions available under each plan option. It is your responsibility to read and understand the Policy Wording prior to buying your insurance with us. We are also available to answer your questions and assist you with the purchase of your travel insurance.
To make a claim please click here to be taken to our online claims portal.
As part of your claim you may be required to:
1. Provide us with supporting documentation such as original invoices. receipts, and other vouchers relating to your expenses or loss
2. Produce your policy details
3. Provide us with all the information we require to enable us to consider the claim
For urgent claims, you can lodge your claim by calling Allianz Partners on 0800 884 512 (+64 9 487 0819 from overseas) and by submitting the fully completed claim form.
When you call, Allianz Partners require:
1. Your name
2. Your policy number
3. Details describing your emergency
4. A contact phone number, including an area code
You may lodge your claim with the supporting documentation whilst you are travelling or upon your return to New Zealand. If you do require assistance while you are away, please call our Emergency Assistance Team.
Contact Allianz Partners
Freephone Within New Zealand
Phone Number: 0800 884 512
Fax Number: 0800 800 167
To Call From Overseas
For our Customer Care Team, Medical Assessment and Claims: +64 9 487 0819
Or refer to the emergency numbers provided with your Policy Wording and Certificate of Insurance.
PO Box 112 316, Penrose Auckland 1642
This Insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Partners and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Incorporated in Australia). You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice
The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd has a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) issued by A.M.Best Company Inc. The rating scale is:
A++, A+ (Superior), A, A- (Excellent) , B++, B+ (Good), B, B- (Fair), C++, C (Marginal), C, C- (Weak), D (Poor), E (Under Regulatory Supervision), F (In Liquidation), S (Suspended) Further information on these ratings is available here.
Allianz Partners Terms & Conditions
An overseas policyholder preference applies. Under Australian law, if The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd is wound up, its assets in Australia must be applied to its Australian liabilities before they can be applied to overseas liabilities. To this extent, New Zealand policyholders may not be able to rely on The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd’s Australian assets to satisfy New Zealand liabilities.